Skip to main content

Launch of Blog - "Treasures in Darkness"

Treasures in Darkness

Today, I am launching my new blog - 'Treasures in Darkness." Praise God for technology!  God gives us the desires of our hearts. The blog is an open door of opportunities towards making a dream come true. Blogging is an opportunity to start writing! I feel like I own a million dollars.  God is exceedingly good!   
"And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness - secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the Lord God of Israel, the God who calls you by name'" (Isaiah 45:3).
The world is full of treasures that are buried or hidden until it is discovered! When we face loss, pain and disappointment, God desires that we find the valuable lessons hidden in our times of affliction. It is all very well when our days are full of sunshine and the blessings of God are so evident. But the treasures in times of affliction are not easy to see. Our hearts must have eyes to seek Him in the darkness of our suffering - and trust that He will get us through. And the lessons that we learn reveals the true nature of God - and these are the treasures God had hidden for us in the difficult season he allowed us to walk through. God desires that we share these treasures,or make them visible for others to see. Like today -

'Treasure-moment' Today, I prayed with a Grandmother who is the fulltime caregiver of her three grandchildren. The children's mother is unwell and unable to look after the children. Now, that's a huge responsibility for Grandmother, considering she is approaching retirement age. She told me she was feeling stressed out, angry, anxious, guilty and inadequate. She also told me she had given up a job she had for years to be a fulltime caregiver.

When it's God's timing, He gives just the right words to say! My testimony was brief - of my experiences with 'hope', 'faith' and 'love'. As I prayed, she cried, and cried as though she was in a lot of pain. She acknowledged her need for God and admitted she had been living away from God for some time. Thinking back to that exact moment as I prayed for her, it was like - light entered into the darkness and found where her grief was. She renewed her relationship with God! Her face lit up with a beautiful smile that transformed her face. She shared a bit of her childhood... of an unhappy first marriage, of family values lost somewhere through the years. She talked of the love she had for her grandchildren. 

When we respond to the needs of others who are walking through similar paths we've come through, we can draw others to Christ by spreading the sweet aroma of his love, mercy and forgiveness through our own stories and experiences.

PRAISE GOD - Jesus is our Treasure in Darkness, our hope for all eternity!

Comments

  1. Wow!!! that is so powerful Lome!!
    God's time is always perfect and never late to come through that tunnel of darkness!!
    Praise God!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sui,it's always a blessing to hear from you. God will always use our willingness! There are so many hurting people out there in our community, starving to hear the message of Hope that we carry! Praise Him for He is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lome on your new blogg, wow, you rock, now we can read about your many adventures during your day as a social worker and personal ministries, and see/hear what God is doing through you. Thank you for being such a spiritual encouragement to all of us, and especially your love for prayer, that stirs us in our faith to do the same. Looking fwd to reading more your insights,God bless the new blogg, its a new season, new level of influence, new blessings in GOd. May many people find the treasures through these writings in times of difficulty and darkness. Love, Ane Ponifasio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement too! We cannot keep to ourselves the wonderful things that God has done through us. Treasures in Darkness - bloggs is, one way God can get glory out of our lives! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The courage of love

Against the dark background of much despair, the message of Easter, of the resurrection brings to us a bright light of hope. It is a message about the courage of love that sets the Christian faith apart from all other beliefs. It is about a loving God who relentlessly pursues us (Ezekiel 34:12) despite the sin in our lives. During our reflection time at work this week – I was led to read the following scripture: Jesus said to [Martha] “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die" (John 11:25-16). Sometimes we don’t think much about the daily acts of courage as we live out our Christian values. It takes courage to speak God's Word in places where you know there are unbelievers who are resistant to the message of he Gospel. I believe this is no time to be satisfied with the status quo in our lives. We should take every opportunity that come and turn them into times

The suddenlies!

Welcome to my November post!   God moves in the suddenlies!   Treasures Of Hope image From little things, big things grow. When a door of opportunities closes, l ittle grace becomes enough grace. We grope in the darkness of the valley until  a glimmer of light appears. Hope! Ju st a little hope, is enough hope, so you hold on to that.    When the unexpected happens, will my mustard-seed faith move the mountain that blocks the way forward? Jesus said, " if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20. Two months ago, I resigned from my job and before I had time to ponder over things, I was on a plane to a conference for Pacifi c women in Brisbane, Australia . I had prayed about goin g to this in the past but I'd been so consumed with work and other commitments that I'd forgotten about it. U ntil now, and I thanked G

A new year - a "fresh start"

The New Year is here! What a year it's been. And I'm really glad to be starting a New Year. Looking back, 2010 was a busy year. I started a new job at the beginning of the year. Launched my blog (Treasures In Darkness) and started writing. I volunteer weekly as co-host for a radio prayer ministry to the Samoan community and the nations. The ministry celebrated it's first birthday last year. The month of April saw the start of an outreach ministry "Treasures of Hope" to local women in the community. Then in November/December, I attended the 50th Jubilee of Youth With A Mission in Kona, Hawaii. The year closed with the passing away of my father on Christmas day. That year is behind me now. It's time to look ahead! One of the values I had learned from my late father's life was that of ' perseverance. ' He believed in hard work ("if you don't work you don't eat... you become poor"). As a fisherman, he was well known for bringing big