Skip to main content

It’s A New Season!

It’s A New Season - and 
Moving Right Along...
”I worship you
I worship You
The reason I live is to worship You!”

I thank God for my journey and for bringing me to a new milestone, a new era of my life, WOW!  Glory be to God!  

I celebrated my 70th birthday a week ago with my family and it was a lovely beautiful time.   I thank God that I got to celebrate this milestone with the people I love the most; that Corvus 19 lock down happened while we’re all together as a family.  I’m ever so grateful to you Lord!

And now, moving on to face this age thing “head on”.   The world talks a lot about 70 being the new 60, 50 being the new 40 and so on.  Whatever that mean, I think for me it is time to call a “spade a spade”.

What does turning 70 mean for me?  Is it time to give up on living life like I used to?  Is it time to lose interest in the things that I have been passionate about?  Does it mean I will be “swept into the corner” to gather mould, dust until I finally fade away?” Is that what aging is about?

From my own perspective, turning 70 is arriving at a new threshold of this territory called ‘getting older’.  I believe in aging gracefully without denying the age fact; like slowing down, reducing work hours, revive, revisit old interests.  Getting older is a time for new adventures -new discoveries, new learnings!

Anyway, “Who am I?”  I am thankful that I’m not defined by my relationships, by the people I love, by my mistakes, misgivings, fears, or regrets or by my good works.

I believe I’m defined by who Christ has called me to be.   “Romans 12:2 says,  “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” 

The following scriptures mean a lot to me at this time: 
  • “For we are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand th at we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)
  • “Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus. Christ.” (Philippians 1:6)
In closing, let me say that to the glory of God, “these are the best days of my life” and I’m looking forward to meet that new ‘me’ as God continues His work in me."
Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I commit this part of my journey to you.  Thank you for Your joy and goodness in my life. Nothing can compare to the lasting satisfaction You bring to my soul.  Lead me as I follow You... 
In Jesus Name, Amen!



Comments

  1. Yes and Amen Salome
    This is definitely a new season in you journey as you continue to pursue after the heart of our Father, Daddy God. The other night as I was pondering about the events of my life that have lead me to where I am today and my conclusion is this it is only God that could have done what he has. My prayer for you is that you will be strengthen in God, and the best is yet to come for you in Jesus and that this season this hour is one of rebirthing, revival and renewal designed so that we can iliminate all the worldly distractions that we once had and turn our focus ,turn our heart, turn our soul back to what really matters and that my friend is to know God and be known by him.

    A verse that has kept me throughout the struggles of covid-19 is Psalm 91.

    I love you and am believe for the impossible to become a reality in your life .

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi Jan,
      How wonderful to hear from you!
      How I’ve missed those conversations, sharing on the train🤗 Thanks for speaking that out - it’s definitely a season of rebirthing, revival and renewal! He Is looking for fruit -much fruit, fruit that will remain! Fruit bearing disciples👏🙏
      Thank you again, Love and hugs
      God bless you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The suddenlies!

Welcome to my November post!   God moves in the suddenlies!   Treasures Of Hope image From little things, big things grow. When a door of opportunities closes, l ittle grace becomes enough grace. We grope in the darkness of the valley until  a glimmer of light appears. Hope! Ju st a little hope, is enough hope, so you hold on to that.    When the unexpected happens, will my mustard-seed faith move the mountain that blocks the way forward? Jesus said, " if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20. Two months ago, I resigned from my job and before I had time to ponder over things, I was on a plane to a conference for Pacifi c women in Brisbane, Australia . I had prayed about goin g to this in the past but I'd been so consumed with work and other commitments that I'd forgotten about it. U ntil now, and I thanked G

A new year - a "fresh start"

The New Year is here! What a year it's been. And I'm really glad to be starting a New Year. Looking back, 2010 was a busy year. I started a new job at the beginning of the year. Launched my blog (Treasures In Darkness) and started writing. I volunteer weekly as co-host for a radio prayer ministry to the Samoan community and the nations. The ministry celebrated it's first birthday last year. The month of April saw the start of an outreach ministry "Treasures of Hope" to local women in the community. Then in November/December, I attended the 50th Jubilee of Youth With A Mission in Kona, Hawaii. The year closed with the passing away of my father on Christmas day. That year is behind me now. It's time to look ahead! One of the values I had learned from my late father's life was that of ' perseverance. ' He believed in hard work ("if you don't work you don't eat... you become poor"). As a fisherman, he was well known for bringing big

The courage of love

Against the dark background of much despair, the message of Easter, of the resurrection brings to us a bright light of hope. It is a message about the courage of love that sets the Christian faith apart from all other beliefs. It is about a loving God who relentlessly pursues us (Ezekiel 34:12) despite the sin in our lives. During our reflection time at work this week – I was led to read the following scripture: Jesus said to [Martha] “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die" (John 11:25-16). Sometimes we don’t think much about the daily acts of courage as we live out our Christian values. It takes courage to speak God's Word in places where you know there are unbelievers who are resistant to the message of he Gospel. I believe this is no time to be satisfied with the status quo in our lives. We should take every opportunity that come and turn them into times