Skip to main content

Treasures of Hope - God seeks seekers

Treasures Of Hope Women's Group met last night at my home.  It was our first meeting since the ministry opened two weeks ago. The presence of the women who came enhanced the atmosphere of fellowship. I had never had that many candles lit up in my home before, but tonight there were candles everywhere. The light from the candles seemed to fill up every empty space in the home. We had a small group to start with but it felt like the place was filled with people.

I shared the scriptures from the Book of Isaiah 61:1,3.  It's a message of hope! There is hope for those who understand that the Lord's favor would come upon all who sincerely seek to love and obey Him.  God knows what to do with grief. He wants to give beauty in exchange for the ashes of our lives.  God loves to work with messed-up lives...
I shared a testimony of when I first met Jesus and how He changed my whole focus in life. This led the way for women to share something of their life journey. One thing was certain from the sharing - people are seeking for that something that is missing in their lives. Until that emptiness is filled, the search continues... At the end, prayers were offered up in response to what we shared.

God seeks seekers. 2 Chron.16:9 says: "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him."

As I reflected more on our time with the women last night, I was also led to read and ponder the following scriptures:
Malachi 3:17: "And they shall be Mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels."
Zechariah 9:16 "And the Lord their God shall save them in that day as the flock of His people: for they shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted up as an emblem upon His land."
Those who find God as their Treasure will be a treasure unto Him.

Prayer:  "Dear Lord, help us to minister your love to women who are seeking. May they find You and may they "sell all" for"a treasure in the heaven that faileth not..."  Thank You Lord, In Jesus Name, Amen."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The suddenlies!

Welcome to my November post!   God moves in the suddenlies!   Treasures Of Hope image From little things, big things grow. When a door of opportunities closes, l ittle grace becomes enough grace. We grope in the darkness of the valley until  a glimmer of light appears. Hope! Ju st a little hope, is enough hope, so you hold on to that.    When the unexpected happens, will my mustard-seed faith move the mountain that blocks the way forward? Jesus said, " if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20. Two months ago, I resigned from my job and before I had time to ponder over things, I was on a plane to a conference for Pacifi c women in Brisbane, Australia . I had prayed about goin g to this in the past but I'd been so consumed with work and other commitments that I'd forgotten about it. U ntil now, and I thanked G

The courage of love

Against the dark background of much despair, the message of Easter, of the resurrection brings to us a bright light of hope. It is a message about the courage of love that sets the Christian faith apart from all other beliefs. It is about a loving God who relentlessly pursues us (Ezekiel 34:12) despite the sin in our lives. During our reflection time at work this week – I was led to read the following scripture: Jesus said to [Martha] “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die" (John 11:25-16). Sometimes we don’t think much about the daily acts of courage as we live out our Christian values. It takes courage to speak God's Word in places where you know there are unbelievers who are resistant to the message of he Gospel. I believe this is no time to be satisfied with the status quo in our lives. We should take every opportunity that come and turn them into times

A new year - a "fresh start"

The New Year is here! What a year it's been. And I'm really glad to be starting a New Year. Looking back, 2010 was a busy year. I started a new job at the beginning of the year. Launched my blog (Treasures In Darkness) and started writing. I volunteer weekly as co-host for a radio prayer ministry to the Samoan community and the nations. The ministry celebrated it's first birthday last year. The month of April saw the start of an outreach ministry "Treasures of Hope" to local women in the community. Then in November/December, I attended the 50th Jubilee of Youth With A Mission in Kona, Hawaii. The year closed with the passing away of my father on Christmas day. That year is behind me now. It's time to look ahead! One of the values I had learned from my late father's life was that of ' perseverance. ' He believed in hard work ("if you don't work you don't eat... you become poor"). As a fisherman, he was well known for bringing big