Skip to main content

His joy and peace are mine!

Welcome to my new post - "His joy and peace are mine!

University of the Nations YWAM Kona, taken Jubilee, Dec. 2010
In this post, I want to share with you two simple, yet, significant prayers I had prayed in the early years as a born again Christian. The first prayer was for 'peace'. I was given the name 'Salome' after my great Grand-Aunt. I was gifted with my first English Bible in 1988, and I loved and treasured this bible. I discovered while going through it that the name 'Salome' has a Hebrew meaning, "peace" (Shalom). I wanted this to be real for me so I prayed to the Lord to give me his peace. At that time, I was just widowed with two young boys of 9 and 3 years old. Peace was something that I needed particularly at that time. I found bible verses that spoke about peace and I just believed that God was speaking these to anyone who believed in Him.

 
The second prayer was about 'joy'. My children and I were attending a Discipleship Training School with Youth With A Mission, Kona, Hawaii. One of our speakers, a pastor prayed and prophesied over me.  This was part of his prayer: "...You have the joy of the Lord in you. I see you walking, running, you are singing, worshiping the Lord with your hands lifted up... you will take the joy of the Lord with you wherever you go..." The way the pastor spoke the words sounded so real that it felt as if I was actually doing what was being said. Afterwards, I prayed, "Please Lord, I want that joy! There are many verses in the bible that speak about joy and when I read them, I believed God was speaking to me. 

God's Word is incredibly encouraging! He loves to speak good things to us. In the most difficult times of my journey, I held on to God's promises of 'peace' and 'joy' and believed that He was always with me. I love the following Scripture as it speaks about trust, joy, protection and being in high spirits. 
"But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them and defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits" Psalm 5:11. AMP
Is your joy in God fading? If so, God's word encourages us to rise up and grab hold of his promises. Joy and peace are privileges as believers, and God is our source of joy. Our hearts are at peace when we trust and delight in Him. How else can we get through the day unless we feed on His promises?

In another scripture, "The Lord is my strength and song, He has become my salvation" (Exodus 15:2). The Bible records that the children of Israel were saved with a miraculous act of God... So they sang a song of victory. We have the same song, but through life's disappointments we've forgotten the words of the song. It's a great weapon of warfare against the enemy who tries to steal these precious promises of God from us. God's peace and joy are part and parcel of our inheritance in Christ so the more we sing about them, the more we take ownership of them! 
 
A word of prayer:
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Comments

  1. Linda Hilton (email)
    Thank you, Lome. This word from your heart really touched me deeply! Lome - I remember and treasure our wonderful week together in Kona (Dec. 2010), where Gary and I met you. Those words prophesied over you, were the same ones that came to me during our week with you. Whenever we drove together in the car, and/or walked together, I got a strong sense of joy and peace that came over me, from you! The peace filled the car and really ministered to Gary and I... the joy and peace flowed from the back seat, right over us, and brought a calm to our souls.

    I really thank and praise God for our friendship and the love that He has given us for you, Lome. You are a treasured friend and we both count it a privilege and honor to call you, our friend. Philippians 1:3 - "Everytime I think of you, I give thanks to my God."
    Love you, Salome!
    Linda & Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda and Gary
      I'm humbled and honored to be your friend. Thank you for the wonderful words. May they bring healing and peace to you as well. Truly God is glorified! To Him be glory forever, Amen!
      Blessings, Salome

      Delete
  2. Julia Amosa (email)
    A lovely piece here, thanks for sharing..Praise be to God. He loves you more...
    Go well this week with your new job, God's favour on you.
    I love you In Christ
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The suddenlies!

Welcome to my November post!   God moves in the suddenlies!   Treasures Of Hope image From little things, big things grow. When a door of opportunities closes, l ittle grace becomes enough grace. We grope in the darkness of the valley until  a glimmer of light appears. Hope! Ju st a little hope, is enough hope, so you hold on to that.    When the unexpected happens, will my mustard-seed faith move the mountain that blocks the way forward? Jesus said, " if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20. Two months ago, I resigned from my job and before I had time to ponder over things, I was on a plane to a conference for Pacifi c women in Brisbane, Australia . I had prayed about goin g to this in the past but I'd been so consumed with work and other commitments that I'd forgotten about it. U ntil now, and I thanked G

The courage of love

Against the dark background of much despair, the message of Easter, of the resurrection brings to us a bright light of hope. It is a message about the courage of love that sets the Christian faith apart from all other beliefs. It is about a loving God who relentlessly pursues us (Ezekiel 34:12) despite the sin in our lives. During our reflection time at work this week – I was led to read the following scripture: Jesus said to [Martha] “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die" (John 11:25-16). Sometimes we don’t think much about the daily acts of courage as we live out our Christian values. It takes courage to speak God's Word in places where you know there are unbelievers who are resistant to the message of he Gospel. I believe this is no time to be satisfied with the status quo in our lives. We should take every opportunity that come and turn them into times

A new year - a "fresh start"

The New Year is here! What a year it's been. And I'm really glad to be starting a New Year. Looking back, 2010 was a busy year. I started a new job at the beginning of the year. Launched my blog (Treasures In Darkness) and started writing. I volunteer weekly as co-host for a radio prayer ministry to the Samoan community and the nations. The ministry celebrated it's first birthday last year. The month of April saw the start of an outreach ministry "Treasures of Hope" to local women in the community. Then in November/December, I attended the 50th Jubilee of Youth With A Mission in Kona, Hawaii. The year closed with the passing away of my father on Christmas day. That year is behind me now. It's time to look ahead! One of the values I had learned from my late father's life was that of ' perseverance. ' He believed in hard work ("if you don't work you don't eat... you become poor"). As a fisherman, he was well known for bringing big