Skip to main content

He fills the hungry with good things

Welcome to my new blog-post!  

"He has filled the hungry with good things and send the rich away with empty hands." (Luke 1:53) 

everyday matters Bible for women
After opening my bible this morning, I was so touched with a feeling of thankfulness. How uplifting is the sound of God's Word to a weary soul. Jesus promises in Matthew 11, "Come to me you who are weary and carry heavy burdens. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear and the burden I give you is light."    

God loves to raise us up from a place of weariness to a place where we can thrive.  The Bible says that In God's presence there is fullness of joy. Have you been to a prayer meeting where you arrive tired but when you leave, you are energized and fired up? I have been there many times. Which reminds me of a favorite story in Numbers 21:17,  God said to Moses, "Assemble the people so I may give them water." Then Israel sang "Spring up, O, well!" In the story, the children of Israel were getting closer to the promised land and God provided them with the much needed nourishment to keep them on their journey onwards. And they received it with joy and thankfulness. 

imagespk.com
I hear the sounds of the birds singing a lot more now in the mornings.  The season is changing and there is fresh hope in the air for all of God's creation. Our Heavenly Father, our Creator will not forget the nameless trees that have been battered and tossed around in the winter rains, by the winds and the storms (tiredness, weariness). The leaves, the flowers, the fruits will soon grace the branches that are bare and looking deprived. As trees in God's garden, we will be identified by our leaves and our fruits. God is nearer than we think and He is bringing us to a new season and to a new level of maturity.

Let's pray,
Lord Jesus, cause us to come and sit at Your feet. Strip away all our excuses, barriers and hindrances. Quieten our souls so we can hear above the noises of life your voice calling us to come closer to your heart... where our minds can be sharpened and be made alert.
For your Name and for your Glory, Amen.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The courage of love

Against the dark background of much despair, the message of Easter, of the resurrection brings to us a bright light of hope. It is a message about the courage of love that sets the Christian faith apart from all other beliefs. It is about a loving God who relentlessly pursues us (Ezekiel 34:12) despite the sin in our lives. During our reflection time at work this week – I was led to read the following scripture: Jesus said to [Martha] “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die" (John 11:25-16). Sometimes we don’t think much about the daily acts of courage as we live out our Christian values. It takes courage to speak God's Word in places where you know there are unbelievers who are resistant to the message of he Gospel. I believe this is no time to be satisfied with the status quo in our lives. We should take every opportunity that come and turn them into times

The suddenlies!

Welcome to my November post!   God moves in the suddenlies!   Treasures Of Hope image From little things, big things grow. When a door of opportunities closes, l ittle grace becomes enough grace. We grope in the darkness of the valley until  a glimmer of light appears. Hope! Ju st a little hope, is enough hope, so you hold on to that.    When the unexpected happens, will my mustard-seed faith move the mountain that blocks the way forward? Jesus said, " if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20. Two months ago, I resigned from my job and before I had time to ponder over things, I was on a plane to a conference for Pacifi c women in Brisbane, Australia . I had prayed about goin g to this in the past but I'd been so consumed with work and other commitments that I'd forgotten about it. U ntil now, and I thanked G

A new year - a "fresh start"

The New Year is here! What a year it's been. And I'm really glad to be starting a New Year. Looking back, 2010 was a busy year. I started a new job at the beginning of the year. Launched my blog (Treasures In Darkness) and started writing. I volunteer weekly as co-host for a radio prayer ministry to the Samoan community and the nations. The ministry celebrated it's first birthday last year. The month of April saw the start of an outreach ministry "Treasures of Hope" to local women in the community. Then in November/December, I attended the 50th Jubilee of Youth With A Mission in Kona, Hawaii. The year closed with the passing away of my father on Christmas day. That year is behind me now. It's time to look ahead! One of the values I had learned from my late father's life was that of ' perseverance. ' He believed in hard work ("if you don't work you don't eat... you become poor"). As a fisherman, he was well known for bringing big