Skip to main content

"Make a new start"

Happy New Year!
and Welcome to my new blog-post -
 "Make a new start" 
  
  2016! A New Year begins… 
image source: treasuresofhope
Cape Reinga Northland New Zealand
Exciting thought for some, though it may not be so for others. Some may say the New Year is not a big deal, it’s just another year. That ‘same-old same-old’ thinking is not an attractive thought. I say that because life has a way of changing us whether we like it or not. And, from my own experiences, some changes are good.

And I am excited, well, quietly excited about 2016.  I know I want some changes to happen... I want to be among those who will send encouraging messages to one another to do something about the changes they want to see happen. Our families, workplaces, communities nation as a whole would benefit with some changes. I get inspired by those kinds of people. Here’s a thought: My grandchildren, great grandchildren may read what I am writing today. I hope it will inspire and encourage them to do something in their generations.
We are accountable for the time we live in. So what can we do that will benefit others who will come after us?

Last but most important, I want to acknowledge God and his great love.
2015 was truly a great year for me. I am ever thankful for God’s faithfulness, his wisdom, His grace and mercy. David in Psalm 36:5 said, “Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.”

Looking back to 2015, I can declare to the glory of God that His promises in the bible are dependable and worthy to hold on to in 2016! I've seen the good things, like the answers to prayers come to pass. At this time, I can only see as far as my eyes can see, but my faith tells me that God is way ahead of me and he’s already there! “O, taste and see that the Lord is good: Blessed is the man that trust in him” ~Psalm 34:8. Will you trust God in 2016.
So are you ready for a new start?
We can pray about it so please join me in this prayer:
“Father, we thank you for bringing us to 2016. We commit the New Year to you. May your goodness in our lives and in this world shine like stars, to point and lead people to you. Thank you for your promise that you are with us, even unto the end of the age. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

HAPPY, BLESSED NEW YEAR again EVERYONE!     
Thanks for visiting, God bless you and your loved ones.
And please feel free to leave a comment if this post was encouraging you :)   

Comments

  1. Praying that your year will be blessed with God's grace and mercy.

    We love you, dear sis,
    Linda & Gary Palmer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The suddenlies!

Welcome to my November post!   God moves in the suddenlies!   Treasures Of Hope image From little things, big things grow. When a door of opportunities closes, l ittle grace becomes enough grace. We grope in the darkness of the valley until  a glimmer of light appears. Hope! Ju st a little hope, is enough hope, so you hold on to that.    When the unexpected happens, will my mustard-seed faith move the mountain that blocks the way forward? Jesus said, " if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20. Two months ago, I resigned from my job and before I had time to ponder over things, I was on a plane to a conference for Pacifi c women in Brisbane, Australia . I had prayed about goin g to this in the past but I'd been so consumed with work and other commitments that I'd forgotten about it. U ntil now, and I thanked G

God is on our side

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!   "If God is for us, who can be against us? " Romans 8:31 (image source: stephensizer.blogspot.com) What a great promise to believe God for in 2012! The last year had its many successes and failures. But we are now on the threshold of a new year with new challenges, new opportunities and privileges. We must "... press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14). And we need courage to do that. Society uses courage to honor war-heroes, the bravery of those who save people from dangerous situation and other heroic acts that require extraordinary strength. But we also need courage in our day to day lives. We need courage and wisdom to live ordered lives; so we can give quality time to maintain good health, to praying and reading our Bibles. Our responsibilities to our families, church, employers, communities all need to be met and juggling the time to do these need good planning and we

A new year - a "fresh start"

The New Year is here! What a year it's been. And I'm really glad to be starting a New Year. Looking back, 2010 was a busy year. I started a new job at the beginning of the year. Launched my blog (Treasures In Darkness) and started writing. I volunteer weekly as co-host for a radio prayer ministry to the Samoan community and the nations. The ministry celebrated it's first birthday last year. The month of April saw the start of an outreach ministry "Treasures of Hope" to local women in the community. Then in November/December, I attended the 50th Jubilee of Youth With A Mission in Kona, Hawaii. The year closed with the passing away of my father on Christmas day. That year is behind me now. It's time to look ahead! One of the values I had learned from my late father's life was that of ' perseverance. ' He believed in hard work ("if you don't work you don't eat... you become poor"). As a fisherman, he was well known for bringing big